Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon

Monday, May 9, 2011

Guadeloupe: Pointe de Pitre




Monday, May 9, 2011
We sat in the cockpit late last night just to stay cool. We had a crescent moon and stars instead of rain showers. Today is is hot, sunny and muggy. We still do not have any electricity for our boat. We dropped off our laundry. One load will cost 9.8 Euros which is not nearly as bad as in St. Kitts! Some boaters even hand wash out their sheets. I cannot imagine that. We went to the other chandlery and did find two items we were looking for. I bought some sweet rolls at the patisserie for breakfast tomorrow. We have returned to Pirate Caribeen restaurant to use their wifi to catch up on d-mail and weather. I don't guess we will make it to Carrefours. I will make a stew tonight from my leftovers from lunch at the Pirate Caribeen for dinner tonight. Here are some pictures
from the Pirate Caribeen Restaurant which has "pirates" hanging around. Some look so lifelike, I keep thinking they are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment