Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon

Saturday, April 17, 2010

St. Augustine, FL

April 15-17, 2010

We sailed from St. Mary's with NE winds of 19-24 kts. It was a wild ride! We were going 7.5-8.3 kts over the ground. We left St. Mary's about 0730 and arrived inside the St. Augustine entrance by 1600 (4p.m.). We wanted to stay in the city marina but a trawler convention prevented that so we stayed a Comachee Cove just under the 65 ft. bridge south of the entrance. We loaded up with fuel and had a pumpout before going to a slip. We relaxed and ate on board.
We spent the next day doing chores on the boat: cleaning off all the salt and doing laundry, 3 loads. we borrowed the courtesy car and went downtown for the evening. St. Augustine is a very charming city with the old part next to the ICW and city docks. We had been at Comachee Cove twice before but had not ventured into town. Now I want to return to explore the town more. Due to my hurt foot, I could not walk around as much as I wanted to . we ate dinner at the old (1901) restaurant "Columbia's" which serves Spanish/Cuban food. It was very good and the atmosphere was wonderful too. St. Augustine is very lively just like Charleston downtown with lots of restaurants and night spots and many people walking around. I forgot to take my camera downtown so I don't have any pictures to share.
Today we took it easy because we had not yet decided where and how far we were going next. I think we are going overnight to either Ft. Pierce or Palm Beach. It may depend on the wind, weather, and how tired we are.

1 comment:

  1. How did you break your toe? It takes forever to heal. I am pretty sure I broke mine last summer, and it took about 6 months to be back to normal... talk to you all soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete